Benefits of Beet Juice
Enhance Your Life and Feel Great
Heard about the benefits of beet juice before? If not, get ready to be amazed. Let me tell you – they are absolutely amazing! Beets could easily be called a super food. They are an essential ingredient for anyone who is serious about juicing. Mix beets with the benefits of spinach juice and you’ll have a potent nutritional cocktail.
Often used for salads, beets or beetroots are bright red or maroon and have a sweet taste. Perhaps not your first choice for something to add to your juice, they are nonetheless amazing for your health. The benefits of beet juice have blown many people away. Many scientists have been pleasantly surprised after conducting studies on it.
Beet juice has been used for centuries by many different cultures. The Romans use beetroot to cure and prevent a great many illnesses.
What makes beet juice so great?
- High in carbohydrates and low in fat.
- Contains phosphorus, sodium, magnesium, calcium, iron, potassium, sulphur, chlorine, copper, iodine, natural sugar and bioflavonoids.
- Also contains Vitamins A, B1, B2, B6, C, niacin, folic acid and biotin. An antioxidant called betalains is also present.
- It’s a fantastic source of dietary fiber.
- There is more iron in the greens of beets than is found in spinach.
When captured in a juicing form, these nutrients are much more easily absorbed into the body than synthetic ingredients. For example, iron from beets is much easier to process and assimilate into the body than synthetic iron.
If possible, grow your own beets and for that matter, all your fruits and vegetables. Nothing beats homegrown produce, especially when it’s free of pesticides and hasn’t been in storage for 12 months. With fresh beets, the benefits of beet juice will be so much better.
Specific Benefits of Beet Juice
- It’s famous for their ability to cool and purify the blood, as believed by the Romans. This can be attributed to the high iron content of beet juice.
- It is amazing for detoxing the liver and cleansing the colon.
- It detoxifies the blood and renews it with minerals and natural sugars.
- Due to the liver-cleansing function of beet juice, expect to feel amazing. When you’re liver is clean and running fresh, it’s felt throughout your body. As your liver gets stronger, you’ll have improved mental clarity and focus, handle stress better and have a greater night’s sleep, and that’s only the start. Beetroot is an essential part of liver juicing.
- Steps your digestive system up a few notches, due to the carbohydrates and natural sugars they contain.
- Aids the treatment and cure of ailments like jaundice, nausea and vomiting, dysentery, hepatitis, constipation, piles and diarrhea.
- Contains an antioxidant that is known to prevent oxidative stress.
- Lowers bad cholesterol levels and raises good cholesterol levels.
- A good solvent of inorganic calcium deposits in the body, and therefore essential in the prevention of circulatory disorders like varicose veins, hypertension, arteriosclerosis.
- Can prevent and cure various cases of skin inflammation, acne, dry skin problems, dandruff, and pustules. Helps to eliminate blemishes, promotes healthy skin and hair growth.
- Prevents the formation of cancerous tumors and detoxifies the body of all harmful toxins and is therefore extremely beneficial in the prevention of cancer and specifically colon cancer.
- Prevents various birth defects due to B vitamin folate.
- Increases stamina and reduces fatigue due to the nitrate it contains.
Iron Deficiency and Beet Juice
Iron is found in large quantities in the blood and is essential to many enzymes, maintaining a healthy immune system and energy production. More and more people are becoming deficient in iron and some are even chronically so.
Not getting enough iron through food is usually the cause, though it can also result from poor digestion, long-term illness, intestinal bleeding, excessive menstrual bleeding, ulcers, excessive coffee or tea consumption, prolonged use of antacids, strenuous exercise, and heavy perspiration.
One of the benefits of beet juice is that it contains large amounts of iron and is great for people with an iron deficiency. As noted above, the greens of beet juice actually contain more iron than spinach!
Wondering if you have an iron deficiency? If so, you might be showing one or more of these symptoms: arthritis, digestive disturbances, fatigue, listlessness, fragile bones, brittle hair and nails, dizziness, nervousness, irritability, pallor, obesity, low tolerance to cold, impaired antibody production, and reduced white blood cells.
Great Beet Juice Recipes
The benefits of beet juice are too good to pass up on.
Next time you’re at the fruit shop stocking up on fruit and vegetables, be sure to grab some beets for your juices and enjoy a healthy, illness-free lifestyle!
If you enjoyed this page, you’ll also enjoy:
- The Insane Health Benefits of Lemon Juice
- Cabbage Juice Benefits that will Blow Your Mind
- Celery Juice Benefits and Why It’s Great for the Body