Doing a Liver Gallbladder Cleanse
Surprisingly, doing a liver gallbladder cleanse does not require that you take any pharmaceutical or herbal products. At its core, the typical cleanse is performed with natural products, including a combination of olive oil and lemon juice. Learning how to cleanse your liver and gallbladder is simple.
This combination of olive oil and lemon juice is what enables the cleanse to be effective. Without these ingredients, it would not work.
A bad liver or gallbladder has a number of unfortunate symptoms, including:
- frequent bad breath
- difficulty digesting food
- bad moods
- decreased immune function
- sugar cravings
Poor liver or gallbladder function can also lead to serious kidney, brain, heart and cardiovascular problems, including cancer. Doing a liver gall bladder cleanse can help to ward off or prevent these negative symptoms.
How do you do a liver gallbladder cleanse?
There are a few methods:
- The Classic Method – Frank Roberts, a herbalist who lived during the first half of the 20th century advised people to start early in the morning on an empty stomach. Weekends are optimal as you are less likely to be disturbed. Starting with an empty stomach, take one ounce of freshly squeezed lemon juice and one ounce of extra virgin olive oil. Take 11 – 16 doses throughout the course of the day. The taste of olive oil is quite strong, so make sure you have a strong stomach. Many people report getting excellent results with this method.
- The Modified Version – If drinking olive oil isn’t your “thing”, then method two is for you, as the taste is much more palatable. First, run a 16 ounce bottle of walnut oil under hot water. The hot water thins the consistency of the walnut oil without negating its positive effect. Mix roughly 4 ounces of the oil with an equal amount of apple juice. Stir together and drink. Follow it with an equal amount of lemon juice. Compared to the olive oil, the taste of the walnut oil is hardly noticeable and far more palatable. Many who have tried this method describe it as the easiest and the most effective.
- Natural liver cleanse recipe – An effective method which uses epsom salts and pink grapefruit.
Is a liver gallbladder cleanse dangerous or unsafe?
In the following situations, a liver gall bladder cleanse should not be undertaken:
- if there is cancer in any part of your body
- if there are any tumours in any part of your body
- if you are pregnant or nursing
- after surgery
- after extended sickness
- if you are elderly or in a weakened state
- if you have cirrhosis of the liver
- if you have taken barium
- if there is weakness of the heart
- if there is inflammation of the heart
- if there is colitis or diverticulitis
If you enjoyed this article, you’ll also enjoy:
- Liver Juicing – Why Your Liver LOVES Fresh Juice
- Foods that Cleanse the Liver
- Milk Thistle Liver Cleanse