Burn fat and get slim (with juicing)
Daily juicing emails, including: low-calorie juicing recipes, incredible benefits, little-known tips and tricks
The Health Benefits of Pineapple Juice
Good gums, good bones… good everything.
The health benefits of pineapple juice begin with its status as one of the most popular tropical fruits.
What makes pineapple popular?
It’s hard to say, though it might be its sweet and succulent flavor that rivals even the best chocolate bars.
If you’re looking to satisfy a sweet craving, try a pineapple!
Pineapple is a very interesting fruit. It’s a member of the bromeliad family which is surprising, considering no other bromeliads have the ability to produce edible fruit.
Also, a pineapple isn’t strictly one fruit. One pineapple begins as dozens of individual flowerets that grow together to eventually become what we call a pineapple.
Pineapples come from the land of South America, from countries such as Brazil and Paraguay. The indigenous population distributed them throughout Latin America well before Columbus took it back to Spain.
Anyway, enough trivia… let’s have a look at these marvellous health benefits of pineapple juice!
Health Benefits of Pineapple Juice
- Bone strength. Pineapples are packed with a trace mineral called manganese, which is needed by the body to build bone and connective tissues. Whether you’re young or old, eating more pineapple will enhance your bone strength and hopefully prevent them from breaking when you’re trying to cram another apple through your juicer.
- Blood clots. Another ingredient that pineapples are rich in is bromelain. This fancy little nutrient reduces the risk of blood clots and hence prevents heart problems from developing. It does this by removing plaque from arterial walls and leads to increased circulation. Pineapple is perfect when juicing for heart health.
- Digestion. The bromelain jumps in to save the day again. This time though it helps with digestion. Even just one slice of pineapple after eating will reduce bloating, nausea, gas, constipation and irritable bowel syndrome symptoms. A fantastic health benefit of pineapple juice is that fact that it aids in removing intestinal worms too.
- Colds and flus. Instead of drinking orange juice or taking vitamin C supplements, try drinking pineapple juice. It has roughly the same amount of vitamin C, but also has been found to suppress coughs and loosen mucus (due to the bromelain).
- Arthritis. Once again, bromelain helps out. It is an anti-inflammatory and some claim a glass of fresh pineapple juice each day will relieve joint pain. The benefits of cabbage juice make it good for arthritis too.
- Sinusitis and bronchitis. Regular consumption of pineapple juice breaks up the mucus in the nasal, sinus and respiratory area and also reduces nasal inflammation.
- Eyes. Another amazing health benefit of pineapple is its high content of beta-carotene, an antioxidant good for eye health. Studies have shown that regular consumption of pineapple juice may prevent macular degeneration (which leads to vision loss). Have a look at the advantages of carrot juice if you want more to help your eyes.
- Tissue repair. Enzymes in pineapple have been used to treat rheumatoid arthritis as well as speed up tissue repair resulting from injuries, diabetic ulcers and general surgery.
- Thrombosis. Clinical trials on heart patients have found bromelain to completely eliminate thrombosis.
- Brain food. Pineapple is great for the brain and fights memory loss, sadness and melancholy.
- Gum health. Gums are pretty important. If you lose them, you’re going to find it extremely hard to keep your teeth in and chew anything. Luckily, pineapple is good for oral health and reduces your risk of gingivitis.
Pineapple Nutritional Benefits
Image by Smilla4
- Vitamin A
- Vitamin B1 (thiamine)
- Vitamin B2 (riboflavin)
- Pantothenic Acid
- Vitamin B6
- Vitamin C
- Vitamin E
- Vitamin K
Other Uses for Pineapple
- Fruit salad. This one’s self-explanatory. I like to throw a pile of yoghurt on top of my fruit salad.
- Cooking. Use it in pies, desserts, ice cream and more.
If you have a juicer, make the most of the health benefits of pineapple by making fresh pineapple juice every day.
Suggested Pineapple Juice Recipes
- Juicing Recipe | Ginger Cure
- Juicing Recipe | Pineapple Pickup
- Watermelon Juicing Recipe | Watermelon Blast
If you enjoyed this article, you’ll also enjoy:
Sign Up NOW For Daily Emails On Juicing...
- low-calorie juicing recipes (you're here to lose weight, right?)
- info on the incredible benefits (Want to know why ginger, spinach or carrots are healthy? Stay tuned.)
- little-known tips and tricks on getting the most from juicing (cut your clean up time in half, store juice for hours without losing nutrients, and more)
Enter your email address: