Burn fat and get slim (with juicing)
Daily juicing emails, including: low-calorie juicing recipes, incredible benefits, little-known tips and tricks
10 Health Benefits Of Orange Juice
Orange Juice Side Effects and Orange Juice Recipes
On this delectable page you will learn about the health benefits of orange juice.
Yeah, I know. It sounds a little weird. I wanted to be weird. But hey, orange juice tastes great, don’t you think? That’s pretty much like all fruits though. The benefits of lemon juice taste great too.
Before we get started, it’s worth noting that I refer to fresh orange juice. None of these health benefits of orange juice apply in the case of store-bought orange juice. I don’t care what the label says. I don’t care what their TV advertisement says. It’s bullshit. It is designed to make you BUY their products.
Because orange juice companies don’t make money if you make your own orange juice. For that reason, they will tell you all sorts of things about their orange juice to convince you to buy it. So will all food and beverage manufacturers. On a side note, to maintain a healthy lifestyle, you need to stop paying so much attention to the advertising around you, especially when it comes to food. Unfortunately, most of the advertising isn’t entirely truthful.
You see, being healthy is simply a matter of eating healthy food and exercising. You don’t need books or packaged products. You need the discipline to stick to a specific diet and that’s it.
Anyway, let’s get back to the health benefits of orange juice.
As you probably know, oranges are members of the citrus family. They are typically grown in tropical or sub-tropical areas.
Like the health benefits of broccoli, oranges contain a variety of antioxidants that help to prevent cancer.
10 Health Benefits Of Orange Juice
- Vitamin C Baby. Yes, as everyone knows, one of the most common health benefits of orange juice is that it is packed with vitamin C. If you drink two glasses of orange juice, you increase your Vitamin C concentration by around 50% for that day. Since vitamin C is an important antioxidant, this is pretty awesome.
- Immune Kicker. With all the Vitamin C inside, orange juice is a powerful immune booster, much like the benefits of grapefruit juice. With a stronger immune system, you’ll get sick less and be healthy more.
- Enjoy Life. One of the health benefits of orange juice is that it will help you enjoy life more. Why is that? Well, as the previous point says, orange juice boosts your immune system. With a boosted immune system and less sickness, you’ll have a higher ability to make the most of life. Rather than be slowed down by toxins, you will be empowered to live the life that you were born to live.
- Kick Cancer’s Ass. No one wants cancer. It’s painful, ugly and unwanted. Yet cancer is an epidemic. It’s also a modern disease, largely a result of our poor diets. One of the main reasons that cancer rates are growing is that our diets suck. We consume too much junk food and too little healthy food. Fortunately, one of the health benefits of orange juice is that it is loaded with powerful antioxidants. Antioxidants neutralize free radicals and prevent cancer-causing chemicals from wreaking havoc inside the body.
- Improve Yo’ Blood Pressure. Diastolic blood pressure, that is. A recent scientific study found that regular orange juice consumption may improve diastolic blood pressure. Special nutrients in orange juice improve the activity of blood vessels and blood pressure.
- Lower Bad Cholesterol. Another of the awesome health benefits of orange juice is that it may decrease bad cholesterol levels. The mechanism behind this is still unclear, but it is understood that it works to some degree. Another great way to lower bad cholesterol is to stop consuming crap food.
- Eliminate Inflammation. Well, that might be going a bit far. The health benefits of orange juice include an ability to reduce inflammation. With the typical diet in the west that is high in glucose and fat, we often experience inflammatory reactions in our bodies. Inflammation can lead to diabetes and atherosclerosis which as you imagine, is far from desired. Studies have found that consuming a glass of orange juice with high-carb, high-fat meals can minimize inflammation within the body immediately afterwards.
- Survive Heart Attacks. In simpler terms, don’t have heart attacks. Orange juice benefits are known to include the ability to improve circulation. This ability exists because orange juice improves circulation.
- Lose Weight. This is one of the main reasons people get into juicing. While many people believe that the health benefits of orange juice include an ability to lose weight, it is far from certain. Eating healthy can have a large effect on losing weight. However, while orange juice is healthy, it also contains large amounts of natural sugar and this can inhibit weight loss. If you’re trying to lose weight with juicing, focus on vegetable juice more.
- Slow Ageing. With powerful antioxidants, orange juice can effectively slow the ageing process. The antioxidants prevent free-radical damage such as wrinkles and deterioration of the skin.
Orange Juice Side Effects
Eating or drinking too much of anything is stupid.
If you drink too much of it, the health benefits of orange juice will no longer be positive.
Too much orange juice and your blood sugar will spike. This can be big problem for people with diabetes. If you have diabetes, refrain from drinking orange juice until you speak to your doctor about the consequences. Drinking too much orange juice can also cause wide variations in your energy. Since your blood sugar levels will go up and down, so will your energy.
Orange Juice Recipes
If you enjoyed Health Benefits Of Orange juice, you’ll also enjoy:
Sign Up NOW For Daily Emails On Juicing...
- low-calorie juicing recipes (you're here to lose weight, right?)
- info on the incredible benefits (Want to know why ginger, spinach or carrots are healthy? Stay tuned.)
- little-known tips and tricks on getting the most from juicing (cut your clean up time in half, store juice for hours without losing nutrients, and more)
Enter your email address: