Burn fat and get slim (with juicing)
Daily juicing emails, including: low-calorie juicing recipes, incredible benefits, little-known tips and tricks
Health Benefits of Cabbage Juice
Boost Your Energy and Slow Aging
The health benefits of cabbage juice are probably what caused it to be called the “drug of the poor” in the middle ages. Like beet juice benefits, cabbage is very powerful as you will soon see.
Few vegetables have more healing properties than cabbage.
These days many people are taking drugs and various medications to cure different types of sickness. Sometimes these things work but often they cause more problems than they solve. In any case, foods such as cabbage are a much better solution. Many books have even been written about the healing power of cabbage juice.
A great thing about cabbage is that it generally tastes good with anything. Have some fun with experimenting; I find it goes great with the benefits of apples and spinach.
Now – let’s check out the health benefits of cabbage juice and why you should drink it.
Health Benefits of Cabbage Juice
- Prevent cancer, specifically colon cancer. Large studies have found that populations who consume lots of cabbage have a low rate of colon cancer. There is a large amount of fiber in cabbage which makes this happen. Fiber is essential for healthy bowel movement. Chemicals in cabbage are also believed to speed up the body’s metabolism of estrogen and therefore reduce breast, uterus and ovaries cancer. It is also often associated with a lower rate of lung, stomach and prostate cancer.
- Slow aging. As a great source of vitamin C and beta-carotene (comes from vitamin A), one of the health benefits of cabbage juice is its ability to slow down aging.
- Prevent cataracts. The high beta-carotene also cuts the risk of cataracts.
- Spina bifida. Cabbage juice is loaded with folic acid which lowers the risk of babies being born with Spina bifida (a birth defect where the spine isn’t properly formed).
- Heal ulcers. Cabbage is an anti-inflammatory vegetable which makes it an excellent preventer of stomach ulcers. Studies have found cabbage juice to be more effective on this point than eating it. Use cabbage juice for stomach ulcers.
- Lower serum cholesterol. This is a combination of the good and bad cholesterol in your body. When it’s high, you are naturally at a higher risk of heart related illnesses. Doctors believe one of the health benefits of cabbage juice is its ability to lower serum cholesterol.
- Reduce risk of heart disease and stroke. It’s simple – lower cholesterol and you reduce your risk of heart disease and stroke.
- Lose weight. One of the popular health benefits of cabbage juice is that it’s extremely low in calories, so don’t worry about it ending up on your hips. The vitamin C also helps to burn excess fat.
- Clear skin. The plentiful vitamin D is the main reason for this and is effective at healing acne. Using cabbage when juicing for acne is a great idea.
- Prevent Alzheimer’s. Recent research has shown that eating cabbage (red only) is an effective way to prevent deterioration of short and long term memory. The antioxidant responsible for this is called anthocyanin and it reduces plaque on the brain.
- Boost immune function. An ingredient in cabbage called sulforaphane helps create antioxidants which fight infections within the body (along with eliminating cancer).
- Prevent cell damage. The phytonutrients in cabbage stop the free radicals responsible for cell damage. They also encourage enzyme production which speeds up detoxification.
- Promote strength. The iodine in cabbage is necessary for proper muscle development. Eat enough cabbage and you might wind up with superhero strength.
- Relieve muscle soreness. My favorite of the health benefits of cabbage juice, as my legs are killing me! I had a big workout the other night, and now it hurts to walk. Cabbage relieves that by giving the body a ton of lactic acid, which disinfects the colon and energizes you.
- Treat fungal infections. Due to the sulfur in cabbage, it’s an effective weapon against fungal infections.
- Boost energy. As the vitamin B is utilized by your body, you will experience a strong boost of energy.
- And lots more… Free radicals and uric acid, which are identified to be the main cause of rheumatism, gout, arthritis, renal calculi, skin diseases, eczema, hardening and de-colorization of skin, etc, are also removed from the body due to cabbage consumption.
- Vitamin A
- Vitamin B6
- Vitamin B12
- Folic Acid
- Vitamin C
- Vitamin E
- Vitamin K
What You Need to Know about Cabbage Juice
- Though available all year round, the best season for cabbage is fall.
- Compared to most vegetables, cabbage keeps extremely well. You can store it in the fridge or a cold place for at least two weeks. If it’s been cut however, it will only last another two or three days.
- Try to avoid cutting till you absolutely have to, such as when juicing or eating it. Otherwise, the plentiful vitamins inside will break down.
- Make sure to wash the exterior leaves before juicing.
- Cabbage has an effect on iodine absorption, so be careful and ensure that you don’t suffer from thyroid disorders. Consider taking an iodine supplement if necessary.
Cabbage Juice Recipe Ideas
My favorite cabbage juice is made up of apple, spinach and cabbage. It tastes amazing and I notice its effects literally 5 minutes after drinking it. I particularly enjoy the health benefits of spinach.
Other Uses for Cabbage
- Salad. Raw, shredded cabbage is a common feature in salads.
- Soups. Many people like to make a hearty soup with cabbage in it.
- And much more… such as boiled, steamed and so on. You can go as far as your imagination allows.
Don’t wait; enjoy the health benefits of cabbage juice today!
Use the recipe above or come up with your own! Drink it in the morning or for lunch, as it will give you energy and you don’t want that when you’re trying to sleep.
Enjoy the health benefits of cabbage juice as much as possible and you will feel amazing.
If you enjoyed this page, you will also enjoy:
Sign Up NOW For Daily Emails On Juicing...
- low-calorie juicing recipes (you're here to lose weight, right?)
- info on the incredible benefits (Want to know why ginger, spinach or carrots are healthy? Stay tuned.)
- little-known tips and tricks on getting the most from juicing (cut your clean up time in half, store juice for hours without losing nutrients, and more)
Enter your email address: