Burn fat and get slim (with juicing)
Daily juicing emails, including: low-calorie juicing recipes, incredible benefits, little-known tips and tricks
11 Turmeric Benefits
Discover the Potent Health Benefits of Turmeric
There are some fantastic turmeric benefits. It has the power to wake up your skin and make it glow. How awesome is that! It’s been used in the healing arts for longer than any synthetic medicine so its benefits are easy to experience.
It’s also a potent liver tonic, which makes it similar to the benefits of beet juice.
That great foreign land known as India (foreign to me anyway, I’m Australian) has been using turmeric for thousands of years in its practice of Ayurvedic medicine. Ayurvedic medicine is the traditional healing art of India.
This potent little herb has been growing for thousands of years as a shrub in India and other tropical parts of Asia. It is used abundantly in Indian cuisine, often to create a hot, yellow spice that gives mustards “punch”. In Ayurvedic medicine, turmeric is a symbol of prosperity and is considered to be a whole-body cleansing herb.
A little way North, Chinese healers also used turmeric to treat a wide variety of medical problems, including liver problems and menstrual pain.
Turmeric draws its power from an active ingredient called curcumin. This compound is what gives turmeric its yellow color, pungent flavor and powerful therapeutic benefits. It is anti-inflammatory, antibacterial, stomach-soothing and loaded with antioxidants.
It’s not a common ingredient in juicing, although there is one great recipe on this site you can use it with (see below).
11 Turmeric Benefits
- Disinfect cuts. Being a natural antiseptic and antibacterial agent, you can use the turmeric benefits to disinfect any cuts and burns that make their way onto your body.
- Natural facelift. Turmeric is perfect for our skin. It reduces pigmentation and evens out skin tone. Try it yourself at home: Mix a little turmeric with lemon juice and apply the mixture to your face. If you make a habit of it, you’ll notice a soft glow begins to radiate from your face. Use turmeric when juicing for cancer.
- Ease arthritis pain. With its anti-inflammatory properties, one of the fantastic turmeric benefits is that it lowers histamine levels. It may also stimulate the adrenal glands and cause them to produce a hormone that minimizes inflammation.
- Avoid stretch marks. After pregnancy, many women are dismayed at the appearance of stretch marks around their abdomen. To avoid these suckers, mix turmeric with yoghurt and apply to the abdomen for five minutes. Do this regularly and it will promote elasticity in your skin. With any luck, stretch marks won’t affect you.
- Kill prostate cancer. Studies have shown that if you combine turmeric with cauliflower, it has the ability to prevent prostate cancer or stop it if it’s already growing.
- Fix your gums. If a gum infection is disrupting your day, mix turmeric with a little rock salt and mustard oil. Apply to the infected area two or three times a day, following with a thorough mouth-rinsing with water. The health benefits of lemon juice are also known to be great for gums and teeth.
- Avoid cancer. The big C word can be prevented with turmeric, as curcumin (the active ingredient) is known to destroy cancer cells.
- Boost liver health. One of the turmeric benefits is preventing liver damage and minimizing the negative effects of toxins, including alcohol. Add to that the fact that it has been used for thousands of years in curing liver ailments. Turmeric is great for liver juicing.
- Kill digestive problems. Turmeric helps with digestion by stimulating the flow of bile.
- Forget about heart attacks. Turmeric harbors antiplatelet activity, which means that it reduces the ability of the blood to form clots. Without clots, your circulation improves and you end up at a much lower risk heart attacks and also strokes.
- Slow your beard growth. Hair on your face growing too fast? Sick of shaving every day? Wash your face with turmeric regularly and you’ll find the rate of facial hair growth slows significantly.
Uses for Turmeric
- Juicing. You can get a hit of turmeric benefits by using it in a juice. Try this beet juice recipe. It is a fantastic liver cleanser.
- Cooking. Use it in cooking to spice up the food and give it a “punch”.
- Supplements. If you love taking supplements and you want to try turmeric, get down to your health store and grab a bottle.
Who shouldn’t take turmeric?
- If you have gallstones or a bile obstruction, do not consume turmeric but consult your doctor.
- Pregnant women should avoid it as it can act as a uterine stimulant.
- People with a heart disorder that remains unidentified should not use it.
*Anyone with a serious medical condition must have a conversation with a doctor before using turmeric as a supplement or health tonic.
If you enjoyed this page, you’ll also enjoy:
Sign Up NOW For Daily Emails On Juicing...
- low-calorie juicing recipes (you're here to lose weight, right?)
- info on the incredible benefits (Want to know why ginger, spinach or carrots are healthy? Stay tuned.)
- little-known tips and tricks on getting the most from juicing (cut your clean up time in half, store juice for hours without losing nutrients, and more)
Enter your email address: