10 Health Benefits Of Strawberries
Look at the photo. The health benefits of strawberries are staring at you. Can you feel their stare?
I LOVE strawberries. I don’t know anyone who doesn’t. They are super healthy and they are a fantastic treat. People use them with salads, juices and desserts. An ex-girlfriend of mine loves strawberries in chocolate. We must have eaten strawberries dipped in chocolate at least once a week.
Whether strawberries are fresh or frozen, they’re fantastic. The health benefits of pineapple juice are similar.
Strawberries are grown worldwide; evidence of the world’s addiction. You know what’s funny? Strawberries are not actually berries. Strawberries are known for their unique aroma, bright red color, juicy texture and sweet taste.
Like I said, strawberries are used in all sorts of foods, both fresh and preserved. Strawberries are used in jams, drinks, fruit juice, pies, milkshakes, ice cream and more. Scientists have even artificially created the strawberry aroma and it is used in a wide range of products.
The health benefits of strawberries are wonderful. I often find that the brighter the fruit, the better it is. It’s certainly true of strawberries, as well as the health benefits of watermelon.
10 Health Benefits Of Strawberries
- Cancer. Remember how I mentioned the bright color being one of the indicators of the health benefits of strawberries? As a general rule, the brighter the fruit or vegetable, the more antioxidants it contains. Why is this good? Because antioxidants are enemies of cancerous cells. They help to neutralize free radical damage. This lowers your risk of cancer. The health benefits of broccoli are fantastic for cancer.
- Eyes. If you want eyes like a cat, you’ll want to get your fare share of the amazing strawberry health benefits. A recent study found that regular consumption of strawberries lowered the risk of macular degeneration. It also found that strawberries improve eyesight and eye health. This is probably due to the high amount of Vitamin A that strawberries contain.
- Bones. Do you want bones like a superhero? Now you can… With the health benefits of strawberries comes a powerful ability to increase overall bone health. The idea is simple. Eat more strawberries and your bones get stronger. Strawberries contain a nutrient called manganese. This nifty little nutrient helps to increase bone building as well as to maintain strong bone structure. No, it won’t protect you if you get run over by a bus, but it will make you more resilient to various bone disorders.
- Inflammation. More precisely, anti-inflammation. Why is this good? Because inflammation often equals pain. When there is a problem in your body, inflammation is often the result. This includes things like stomach aches and skin issues. The awesome ingredients within the health benefits of strawberries fight against all sorts of inflammatory disorders. Osteoarthritis, asthma and atherosclerosis are all at risk of becoming non-existent and irrelevant.
- Liver. More and more, people are realizing the integral role that the liver plays in the body’s overall health. That’s why they flock to the benefits of beet juice. The liver is responsible for kicking toxins out of the body. If it’s not working, the body suffers. Fortunately, strawberry health benefits make strawberry a powerful liver cleanser. This nutrient powerhouse blasts toxins and enhances the liver.
- Blood. Strawberries have been used for a long time to clean the blood. This is a wonderful thing. Poor blood means poor energy. Your blood is responsible for delivering oxygen to your muscles. When your blood sucks, your muscles and organs don’t get oxygen. They get tired. They get puffed. If they had a face, they would be gasping for air. Fortunately, the health benefits of strawberries mean the blood is maintained and improved.
- Immunity. The health benefits of strawberries are known for their powerful effect on the human immune system. With a high Vitamin C content, they are a superb immune booster. Just one serving of strawberries gets you half of your recommended daily intake of Vitamin C. Eat two servings and you’ve got your Vitamin C for the day.
- Aging. Strawberries don’t make you age – they prevent it! Yes, I’m not lying. The health benefits of strawberries include a pronounced ability to reduce the effects of aging. This means that if you consume strawberries on a regular basis, you will look younger for longer. Doesn’t that sound great? I think so too. The Vitamin C and other antioxidants slow the aging process. They prevent wrinkles and the drooping of the eyelids.
- Bad Cholesterol. Strawberries are full of it! In reality, the health benefits of strawberries actually lower bad cholesterol. The nutrients in strawberries counteract the negative effects of bad cholesterol. They help your arteries function the way the are supposed to.
- Blood Pressure. In today’s stressful world, we’re all at risk of high blood pressure. Bad traffic, bad friends, bad this, bad that… Oh, the list goes on. Fortunately, the strawberry health benefits include a rippin’ ability to lower high blood pressure. Potassium resides in strawberries in a fairly large amount. It helps to regulate high blood pressure and in some cases, it even lowers high blood pressure. BOOM!
Strawberry Nutrition Facts And Values
One cup of whole strawberries contains 0.96 grams of protein, 46 calories and 2.9 grams of dietary fiber.
- Vitamin A – 17 IU
- Vitamin B1 (thiamine) – 0.035 mg
- Vitamin B2 (riboflavin) – 0.032 mg
- Niacin – 0.556 mg
- Folate – 35 mcg
- Pantothenic Acid – 0.18 mg
- Vitamin B6 – 0.068 mg
- Vitamin C – 84.7 mg
- Vitamin E – 0.42 mg
- Vitamin K – 3.2 mcg
Contains some other vitamins in small amounts.
- Potassium – 220 mg
- Phosphorus – 35 mg
- Magnesium – 19 mg
- Calcium – 23 mg
- Sodium – 1 mg
- Iron – 0.59 mg
- Selenium 0.6 mcg
- Manganese – 0.556 mg
- Copper – 0.069 mg
- Zinc – 0.2 mg
Also contains small amounts of other minerals.
For more strawberry nutrition facts and values, go to HealthAlternatives2000.com
Strawberry Juice Recipes
On this bangin’ site (you like it?), I focus on vegetable juice. As such, I’ve only got one strawberry juice recipe for you. Check out the other juicing recipes while you’re here.
Strawberry Side Effects
As long as you’re not silly, there are not really any strawberry side effects to worry about. If you have an allergic reaction to strawberries (or anything else), talk to your doctor immediately.
Enjoy strawberries as a food, not as a medicine.
Pesticides can be worrisome when it comes to strawberry side effects. If possible, buy organic strawberries. Small traces of pesticides have been found in water that is applied to strawberry harvests. As always, wash your strawberries before use.