Health Benefits of Juicing Tomato
Drinking Tomato Juice Could Change Your Life
The health benefits of juicing tomato are pretty awesome. So awesome that I’m going red just thinking about them… (just like with the health benefits of beet juice)
Tomatoes are not a vegetable but actually fall into the “fruit” class. The tomato god has filled them with numerous yummy and nutritious ingredients for the body to enjoy.
Since there are so many ways to get tomato inside your stomach, you have no reason not to enjoy the health benefits of juicing tomato. You can use them in practically anything.
Make a salad or throw them in the frying pan with some eggs. However, if you want to make the most of the benefits, then I would suggest juicing tomatoes with a passion.
Lycopene – Tomato’s Magic Bullet
One of the most talked about benefits of juicing tomato is its magic ingredient lycopene. It is a powerful antioxidant and it’s most fitting name would be “the Cancer Destroyer”. It is known to wage war against cancerous formations, as well as other health complications. The health benefits of broccoli make it a great cancer-fighting vegetable also.
Antioxidants work to neutralize free-radicals (cancer-causing agents) and repair cell damage.
Unfortunately, the human body is unable to create lycopene so we need to gobble some red fruit (ie. tomato) to get it. Other fruits and vegetables contain lycopene, but none to the extent that tomato does. Tomato is a lycopene machine.
Other Health Benefits of Juicing Tomato
- Avoid cancer. The miracle ingredient lycopene is known to prevent prostate cancer in men, as well as stomach and colorectal cancer. Use tomatoes when juicing for cancer.
- Manage diabetes. Tomatoes carry the mineral Chromium which helps diabetics keep their blood sugar level under control.
- Reduce smoking damage. Tomatoes won’t stop you smoking but they will reduce the damage that the tar-filled smoke does to your body. They contain chlorogenic and coumaric acid which fight carcinogens introduced by smoking.
- See better. Tomatoes carry a large amount of Vitamin A which makes them contribute to good eye health. They may also help with night blindness and share this ability with the benefits of carrot juice.
- Heart health. With their potassium and Vitamin B, the benefits of juicing tomato are known to lower blood pressure and high cholesterol levels. So by consuming tomatoes on a regular basis, you can prevent strokes, heart attacks and other heart complications. Tomatoes are great for juicing for high blood pressure.
- A full head of hair. Once again, the Vitamin A contributes to good hair health and keeps it shiny and strong. Eat enough and maybe one day you can be in a shampoo advertisement.
- Bone strength. Forget about milk, the benefits of juicing tomato include strengthening and repairing bones and bone tissue.
- Eliminate kidney and gall stones. Eat a tomato without the seeds.
- Great for your skin. I’m sure you’re probably sick of me harping on about lycopene, but you’ll like this one. Lycopene is often found in high-end skin care products. However, rather than spending money, you can do it at home for free. I explain how below.
- Avoid infection. Tomatoes are naturally antiseptic so they will guard the body against common infections.
- Prevent diarrhea. Tomatoes have the ability to stop the “runs”.
Tomato Nutritional Information
- Vitamin A
- Vitamin B1 (thiamine)
- Vitamin B2 (riboflavin)
- Pantothenic Acid
- Vitamin B6
- Vitamin C
- Vitamin E
- Vitamin K
Other Uses for Tomato
- Cooking. Salads, big breakfasts, soup… you name it! Tomato can be used in virtually any dish.
- Heal wounds. When applied to the skin, tomato pulp heals sunburn, wounds and sores.
- Skin care. Similar to healing wounds except instead you use the skin. Peal eight to twelve tomatoes and place the tomato skin on your face. Now, go and find someone to scare with your new mask… Just joking. Make sure the inside of the tomato skin is on your skin and let it sit like this for roughly 10 minutes. Afterwards, your face should be cleaner and shinier. Your face might be a little red, however this should wear away. Tomato juice can be great for juicing for acne.