Burn fat and get slim (with juicing)
Daily juicing emails, including: low-calorie juicing recipes, incredible benefits, little-known tips and tricks
The Health Benefits of Grapefruit Juice
Grapefruit Nutrition is Amazing
Like all fresh produce, the health benefits of grapefruit juice are many.
There’s good reason for its high place among the citrus family too. Chances are, you’ve already sampled its delicious flavors and refreshing taste.
But are you aware of the nutritious punch that grapefruit packs?
Have you discovered what juicing grapefruit can do for your health?
It has similar qualities to the benefits of lemons, oranges and limes, and packs a truckload of super-healthy vitamins and minerals. When available, choose the seedless variety as it tends to be higher in certain beneficial ingredients.
Grapefruit is well known due to its contribution to successful weight loss, and even has its own dedicated diet – The Grapefruit Diet!
It’s known to lower the insulin levels (great for diabetics!), which means the body burns more energy, increases the metabolic rate and feels “fuller” for longer.
But this is only the beginning… A search for the health benefits of grapefruit juice would be long and extensive. As luck would have it, I’ve compiled them all neatly into a list below, so keep reading! The benefits of drinking grapefruit juice in the morning or evening are HUGE.
Health Benefits of Grapefruit Juice
- Aids digestions. It aids successful digestion of food.
- Aids weight loss. It’s low in sodium while high in fat burning enzymes, which means it’s something of a weight loss dream. In recent years, grapefruit diets have been promoted as a successful way to melt away fat. The health benefits of grapefruit juice are emphasised when juicing for weight loss.
- Encourages metabolic action. Grapefruit has a high water content which tends to increase the activity of the metabolism.
- Fights cancer. The red color or pigment in grapefruit is known as lycopene, a cancer-fighting anti-oxidant found in red fruits and vegetables.
- Improves complexion. Like most citrus fruits, the health benefits of grapefruit juice can help improve complexion and minimize acne.
- Liver tonic. It’s a powerful liver tonic.
- Prevents gallstones. Known to prevent gallstones.
- Prevents heart disease. Red and white grapefruit both contain powerful antioxidants that may help to reduce the risk of heart disease. In recent studies, scientists found that feeding by-pass patients grapefruit at least once a day reduced their cholesterol levels. Of the two, red grapefruit was the most effective.
- Prevents the winter flu. Minimizes and prevents cases of the cold, pneumonia, and fevers. It does this by reducing acidity in the body, quenching the thirst and removing the burning sensation from fevers.
- Relieves arthritis. Fresh grapefruit contains organic salicylic acid which aids successful elimination of inorganic calcium. This tends to accumulate in the cartilage of the joints and is most often seen in people with arthritis.
- Relieves fatigue. Many people find that drinking a glass of grapefruit and lemon juice in equal parts is a great way to relieve fatigue and tiredness at the end of a long day. The health benefits of pineapple juice have also been known to relieve fatigue and boost energy.
- Removes drug poisons. One of the most interesting health benefits of grapefruit juice is its powerful ability to remove drug poisons. This is generally a good thing; however the grapefruit/drug
interaction can turn sour. So if you are taking any medication, it is best to consult your doctor before juicing grapefruit.
- Stimulates the appetite. Grapefruit stimulates the appetite, promotes salivary and gastric digestion and aids weight loss. Put simply, you can eat or drink as much of it as you want!
Say Goodbye (hopefully) to Cancer!
Juicing grapefruit is a smart idea if you’re worried about cancer. Use grapefruit when juicing for cancer. Along with the health benefits of grapefruit juice mentioned above, you get these powerful ingredients to work for you too:
- Phenolic acid, which knocks cancer-causing nitrosamines on the head and inhibits their progress.
- Limonoids, terpenes, and monoterpenes, which encourage the production of warrior enzymes that prevent and fight cancer with a passion.
- Bioflavonoids, which shut down the factory in your body responsible for promoting tumor growth.
- Vitamin A
- Vitamin B1 (thiamine)
- Vitamin B2 (riboflavin)
- Pantothenic Acid
- Vitamin B6
- Vitamin C
- Vitamin E
*Contains some other vitamins in small amounts.
*Also contains small amounts of other minerals.
For more information, click here.
Juicing Grapefruit and What You Need to Know
- If you’re allergic to citrus fruits then you’ll probably react to grapefruit also.
- As mentioned above, grapefruit can have some serious interactions with many commonly prescribed medications. Its juice inhibits an enzyme responsible for the successful breakdown of many medications. When this enzyme is blocked, toxic side effects from the medications can result. As always, exercise caution and ask your doctor before you start juicing grapefruit.
- As you might have guessed, the health benefits of grapefruit juice vary depending on the color.
Juicing Grapefruit? Try these recipes.
- Juicing Recipe | Citrus Bounce
- Beet Juice Recipe | Liver Cleanser
- Carrot Juice Recipe | Carrot and Grapefruit
Other Uses for Grapefruit
- Constipation. After juicing grapefruit, the left-over pulp can be used to relieve constipation. It lends healthy bulk which aids bowel action. It is known to maintain intestinal health, and is used as a preventative food against dysentery, diarrhea, enteritis, typhus and other infectious diseases of the digestive tract.
- Natural Antiseptic. Another one of the health benefits of grapefruit juice is that it can be used as a natural antiseptic for external wounds.
- Inflammatory disorders. Some people with inflammatory disorders such as lupus or rheumatoid arthritis find that eating grapefruit daily alleviates their symptoms. This pleasant effect is thought to be due to plant chemicals that block Prostaglandins, nasty substances that cause inflammation.
- Malaria. Grapefruit can be used as an effective treatment of malaria as it contains naturally occurring “quinine”. To extract the “quinine”, boil a quarter of a grapefruit and strain the pulp.
- Powerful medicine. Due to a high vitamin C and potassium content, grapefruit can be used beneficially as a medicine for liver, kidney and heart disorders.
So we all might as well start…
…making the most of the health benefits of grapefruit juice. I use the liver cleanser recipe and drink it regularly, as it contains grapefruit. I find I can actually feel the benefits, and am refreshed and revitalized after drinking a glass.
Start juicing grapefruit today and realize the amazing health benefits of grapefruit juice. When you juice grapefruit, you are juicing for health and wellbeing.
If you enjoyed this page, you’ll also enjoy:
Sign Up NOW For Daily Emails On Juicing...
- low-calorie juicing recipes (you're here to lose weight, right?)
- info on the incredible benefits (Want to know why ginger, spinach or carrots are healthy? Stay tuned.)
- little-known tips and tricks on getting the most from juicing (cut your clean up time in half, store juice for hours without losing nutrients, and more)
Enter your email address: