Health Benefits of Bee Pollen
10 Incredible Bee Pollen Benefits
The health benefits of bee pollen have made it a favorite dietary supplement of health-conscious people throughout the ages. For thousands of years it has been used to strengthen both the body and the mind.
Early Egyptian and Chinese civilizations both recognized its power and used it in the treatment of many ailments. Hippocrates, a Greek doctor known as the “father of western medicine”, used bee pollen to heal people more than 2,500 years ago. In the 21st century, it is referred to by health practitioners as the “fountain of youth”. Many believe it can be used for everything, from losing weight to avoiding cancer.
Typically, people who consume high-quality bee pollen experience a powerful boost in energy, zest and physical endurance. This is one of the main reasons that world-class athletes use bee pollen to supplement their diets.
10 Health Benefits of Bee Pollen
- It boosts sexual health. Bee pollen contains various amino acids which are precursors to HGH. It also contains a gonadotropic hormone which functions as a sex gland hormone. Studies have shown that people taking bee pollen gained more confidence and performed better sexually after taking it for just one month! The men taking bee pollen also experienced a dramatic improvement of sperm.
- It enhances weight loss. One of the marvelous health benefits of bee pollen is that is corrects possible chemical imbalances which may contribute to unseemly weight gain. It also stimulates the metabolism, increasing caloric burn as well as acting as a natural appetite suppressant.
- It makes you live longer. Bee pollen has been used throughout time as a natural solution to preserving the skin. Studies have shown that it has a positive effect on slowing down premature skin aging, one of the truly fantastic health benefits of bee pollen. Forget the ageing cream!
- It strengthens the immune system. Bee pollen contains a vast array of valuable nutrients, which all contribute to a strengthened immune system.
- It helps to cope with stress. With a full complement of amino acids and essential fatty acids, bee pollen helps to regulate the mood and give you control over stress.
- It builds resistance to allergies. Bee pollen contains tiny amounts of substances that can trigger hay fever, which can stimulate an immune response and build strong resistance to allergies. This resistance is built by the continued consumption of bee pollen over a long period of time.
- It increases your energy. Athletes of all classes have used bee pollen for centuries to build their energy and endurance. Considering the bursting package of nutrients, this makes sense.
- It prevents cancer. Bee pollen speeds up the healing process and helps to protect cells from free radical damage, one of the main causes of cancer. Another great technique for dealing with this is cancer juicing.
- It prevents bruising. Due to its rutin content, bee pollen strengthens the capillary walls and minimizes bruising.
- It’s loaded with nutrients. Bee pollen packs a truck load of awesome ingredients, including proteins, mono and polyunsaturated fats, vitamins B, C, D, E, and beta-carotene, calcium, selenium, magnesium and lecithin. Dr. Betty Lee Morales has gone so far as to claim that “Bee Pollen is the only known food which contains every essential nutrient needed by mankind for perfect health.”
How to Take Bee Pollen
Bee pollen is commercially available in three different forms – granules, tablets and capsules. The granules can tasty quite strange but the benefits win a lot of people over. If a person can’t stomach the taste, they usually turn to the tablets or capsules so they can enjoy the health benefits of bee pollen.
Bee Pollen Side Effects
5% of people will experience some side effects from taking bee pollen. The effects include allergic reactions such as an itchy throat, wheezing, hives, and skin flushing.
If you experience any of these symptoms, stop taking bee pollen immediately and consult your doctor.
If you enjoyed this page, you’ll also enjoy:
- Health Benefits of Apples and Apple Juice
- Juicing for Health and Wellbeing
- Health Benefits of Cayenne Pepper