Consumer Guide for Juicers
Need help finding the perfect juicer?
If you need help choosing a juicer for you and your family, read this consumer guide for juicers. It’s worth doing some research and having a think about what’s most important to you when it comes to juicing.
As with anything, there are good things and bad things about all juicers so it’s a matter of deciding what will suit you best. For example:
Centrifugal juicers are quick and easy to use. You can generally make a juice in less than 5 minutes (2 minutes if it’s a simple juice). Clean up is fast. Rinse everything off and put the juicer back together. The downside of centrifugal juicers is that they aren’t super efficient. Also, due to the speed at which the blade spins, there can be heat which then causes the juice to oxidize and nutrient loss will occur.
Masticating juicers and twin juicers do an excellent job of juicing fruit and vegetables. They are extremely efficient (triturating more so) and leave very little juice in the pulp. However, these juicers are time-intensive so aren’t suited to someone who wants to juice quickly.
Though you can spend a lot of money on an awesome juicer, don’t think that you absolutely HAVE to get one. The Norwalk Juicer is one of the most expensive juicers money can buy. It retails at around $2000, so it’s not your average juicer. It produces outstanding juice, but you can experience the benefits of juicing with a $100 juicer.
Start small and if you happen to fall in love with juicing, grab yourself a Norwalk juicer.
Consumer Guide for Juicers – 8 Points to Consider
Here is a chart which compares the most important points when it comes to choosing a juicer with detailed explanations below.
- Time. One of the main questions you should ask is how much time you are willing to devote to juicing. You might have all day or you might only have ten minutes in the morning. Some juicers can be used and cleaned in less than 10 minutes while some take quite a while longer. At the end of the day, what counts is whether you are able to juice, so don’t buy the most-expensive time consuming juicer available only to find that you don’t have the time to use it. This is perhaps the most important point in this consumer guide for juicers.
- Ease of use. Some juicers are easier to use than others, so depending once again on how much time you have, choose a juicer which suits.
- Cleanup. If you hate cleaning then pay attention. Some juicers make a mess and are a pain to clean. When choosing a juicer and sifting through juicer reviews, make sure you pick one that is easy to clean. Most centrifugal juicers can be cleaned in less than five minutes if you’re fast.
- Juice yield. It goes without saying – some juicers make more juice than others. If you want to make the most of what you put into your juicer, then grab a single or twin-gear juicer as they are much more effective at getting juice out of produce. Conversely, centrifugal juicers are known to waste valuable juice.
- Juice quality. Different types of juicers will produce different qualities of juice. Some juicers will destroy valuable enzymes in the juicing process, while some will preserve it so this is definitely a point worth keeping in mind.
- Durability. Like all appliances, juicers have a lifespan. If you want it to last for a while, shop around and read plenty of juicer reviews.
- Cost. As I mentioned earlier, you can spend a lot or a little on juicing. The quality obviously goes up with how much you spend, however any juicer is enough to begin enjoying the benefits.
- Aesthetics. If you like your kitchen to look a certain way, make sure you get a juicer that suits. Ideally, the juicer will have a permanent space on the bench top where it is easily accessed and used. Don’t buy a juicer only to leave it in the cupboard because you hate the way it looks.
These are the main factors to consider when reading a consumer guide for juicers and choosing an appliance.
If you’re new to juicing, start with a centrifugal juicer. They are effective and are also super easy to clean and use. You get to find out if you like it while enjoying some tasty and nutritious juice.
Down the track, invest in a good juicer and you’ll never look back.
Have you enjoyed this consumer guide for juicers? If so, go out and get a juicer today. You can feel great as soon as you want.