20 Key Benefits of Healthy Eating
The Benefits of a Healthy Diet are Unmatched
We hear about the benefits of healthy eating a lot these days. In newspapers, books and even movies, we are constantly told about how fruits and vegetables are great for us. The health benefits of lemon juice should get us excited.
Sometimes, hearing about it is enough to motivate us to eat healthy. Sometimes, it’s not, and we just feel guilty. If you want or need some motivation, check out the long list of the benefits of healthy eating I’ve compiled below. Some of them will be expected, but you might find a few surprises too.
With a little luck, after reading about the Benefits of Healthy Eating, you’ll be pumped up and motivated to be healthy.
Also, just so you know, by “healthy eating”, I refer to a diet that is high in fruits and vegetables with no processed foods. That means, no fast food, no noodles, no white bread (no bread for that matter), and so on.
20 Benefits of Healthy Eating
- Feel incredible. Eat healthy and you’ll feel amazing. Trust me, I’ve felt this so often. When people ask me why I’m so healthy, the first thing I say is “because it feels so damn good!”
- Weight loss. Take someone on a diet of fast food and coke. They’re probably overweight. Throw them on a diet high in fruits and vegetables with no processed foods and they’re guaranteed to lose weight. If you want to lose weight, eating healthy is the way to go, especially if you want changes for the long term. Try juicing for weight loss if you need an effective strategy.
- Prevent cancer. As a general rule, the further a food gets from its natural state, the more “carcinogenic” it gets, and the more likely it is to cause cancer. By adopting a healthy diet, you’ll be preventing cancer.
- Look half your age. Another benefit of healthy eating is anti-aging. If you eat healthy, you’ll be giving your body the nutrition it needs to maintain itself. You’re skin will look better, your organs will operate more efficiently and you’ll add years to your life.
- Boost your energy. Unhealthy food puts a huge amount of strain on the human digestive system. Guess what – we didn’t evolve on a diet of fast food, but rather, we evolved on a diet high in fruits, vegetables, nuts, fish and red meat.
- Fight obesity. Obesity is an epidemic in some countries. One of the benefits of healthy eating is that we can minimize and prevent obesity. This will result in less strain on the public health system and an overall happier populace. For recipe ideas, try this juicing recipe for weight loss.
- Save money. In the short term, one of the benefits of healthy eating is that it’s so cheap! Eating out, or buying lots of packaged, processed food is one quick way to run out of cash. You’ll also save money in the long term, as you’ll be out playing tennis and being awesome while other people spend their days seeing doctors and other medical personnel.
- Try new things. By being healthy, you’ll open yourself up to loads of new things, be it new foods or new experiences. When you feel incredible from eating healthy, you’ll naturally take more risks and enjoy more adventure in your life.
- Be a good example. We have a chance to set an example for the generations following us. What example will we set – that eating healthy is AWESOME or that fast food, disease and early-death is the way to go?
- Keep your teeth. It goes without saying that the more unhealthy food you eat, you more your teeth will rot. And I’m not just talking about candy – They even put sugar in bread!
- Better relationships. When you feel great, you’ll be more effective in your relationships. You’ll contribute more value and you’ll become a source of joy and love. In my opinion, this one of the coolest benefits of healthy eating.
- Learn to cook. If you’re always buying processed, pre-made food, how will you ever learn to cook? Get down to your fruit and veg store and get some ingredients. Go home to your kitchen and cook up a storm – just for the hell of it. By aiming to be healthy, you’ll learn how to cook a wide variety of things.
- Motivated. A great benefit of healthy eating is that you tend to feel extremely motivated. Instead of feeling lethargic and tired from unhealthy food, you’ll be pumped up, looking for things to accomplish. You’ll become an achiever.
- Get more from life. Without your health, life isn’t much. By eating healthy, you’ll get a whole lot more from life, as you can see on this page.
- Save the environment. In case you didn’t notice, fruits and vegetables don’t come wrapped in plastic. That means there is no rubbish. Whatever you don’t use, you can throw in your garden. But you wouldn’t want to do that with plastic.
- Sleep better. Without junk inside your body, you’ll go to bed and actually sleep better. Your body will get more rest and you’ll have more energy the next day.
- Wake up earlier. By sleeping better, you’ll wake up earlier. How cool is that!
- Get more done. One of my favorite benefits of healthy eating, along with being motivated, feeling awesome and waking up earlier, is that you get more done. All of it adds together in an explosion of good vibes. You’ll love it!
- Smile more. When you feel great, you smile more.
- Inspire. By being healthy and demonstrating the awesome benefits of a nutritious diet, you’ll inspire those around you to live healthier lives. Pretty great, huh!
4 Ways to Improve Your Diet
- Juicing. An excellent way to take advantage of the benefits of healthy eating. Want ideas? See Juicing Recipes.
- Drink lots of water. I drink a liter of water as soon as I wake up. It wakes me up more than a coffee and gets my digestive juices flowing. Drink 2 to 3 liters of water a day at a minimum.
- Eliminate processed foods. Go into your kitchen and have a clean out. Throw out every single piece of junk food that you have. Anything that looks unhealthy, throw it in the bin! Fill your kitchen with fruits and vegetables instead.
- Get rid of your salt shaker. Once upon a time, humans didn’t have any added salt in their diet. Yep, that’s right – we spent most of our evolutionary history without having a salt shaker. So imagine how bad it is for us when we put salt on everything. Trust me, throw it out and you’ll feel great.