Benefits of Carrot Juice
Awesome Carrot Juice Nutrition Facts
One of the main benefits of carrot juice worth remembering is that they literally are a goldmine of nutrients. They’re packed with vitamins, minerals and antioxidants, and can do many wonderful things for your body.
A large number of people, from all over the world, will testify to the goodness of carrot juice. Many have found it to be a great protective agent, and an effective way to build and maintain vibrant health. Its delicious flavor makes it a nice healthy treat, and it goes with virtually anything.
Carrot Juice and Vitamin A
The first and most important of the benefits of carrot juice is that it is one of the richest sources of vitamin A that you can use each day in your diet. Vitamin A is essential to maintaining optimal health, and there is no better way to get in than from carrot juice.
However, it’s not as simple as that…
Contrary to what most authors write, carrots don’t actually contain Vitamin A. What they do contain is something called carotene, or pro vitamin A, and the body is in fact responsible for converting this into the actual vitamin.
However, vitamin A (whether in carrots or made by the body) is still one of the biggest benefits of carrot juice. This benefit makes it great for acne juicing. To understand this, let’s have a look at the problems that Vitamin A deficiencies can cause.
Vitamin A Deficiencies and their Symptoms
One of the first signs of a Vitamin A deficiency is the inability or difficulty of adjusting to minimal light.
For example, remember a time when you have left a bright room to go into a dark room and all of a sudden you’ve found it hard to see? You’re eyes have to adjust, and the more deficient in Vitamin A that you are, the longer they’ll take to adjust.
This seems rather trivial, but once it gets serious, you will find it hard to adjust your eyes after passing a car with glaring headlights at night. This condition is called “night blindness” and has caused many late-night accidents for unwary drivers.
Other symptoms of Vitamin A deficiency include:
- Dry hair.
- Dry or rough skin.
- Dry eyes.
- Growth impairment.
- Loss of taste.
- Poor wound healing.
- Night blindness.
- At severe levels, can even cause blindness.
In severe cases, Vitamin A deficiency should be treated by a trained professional, such as the family doctor. However, you can prevent it ever getting serious by making the most of the benefits of healthy eating. Carrots are especially good for this.
I hope you can see how good carrots are already. There are serious implications for Vitamin A deficiencies, and maintaining a large intake of carrots will do a lot to prevent this.
Now let’s have a closer look at the benefits of carrot juice.
Benefits of Carrot Juice
There are lots of benefits of carrot juice, and it would be impossible to cover them all here. Vitamin A and its benefits are the most obvious, but at the end of the day, carrots are simply spectacular for maintaining good health.
- Carrots are one of the richest sources of Vitamin A available for use in your daily diet, minus the saturated fats which this vitamin is usually associated with in eggs and butter.
- They’re also high in other Vitamins, especially those of the B complex.
- They’re packed with minerals including calcium, copper, magnesium, potassium, sodium, phosphorus, chlorine, sulfur, and iron.
- Carrot juice blends with practically any other juice, so it can easily be drunk at any time.
- It’s thought to reduce the risk of cancer, including skin and breast cancer. Studies have found Vitamin A to have antioxidant properties, and have linked it with cancer prevention, as it eliminates cancer-causing free radicals in the body. Use carrots when you juice for cancer!
- Vitamin A is known to promote strong bones and teeth.
- Vitamin A aids immune function and resistance to infections.
- Vitamin A is especially necessary in the diet of pregnant mothers as it is effective in building up and maintaining the health of mother and child. Carrot juice should be included during pregnancy and during the stage of nursing the baby as it promotes healthy milk in lactating mothers.
- Another of the benefits of carrot juice is its cleansing effect on the liver. It is thought to be extremely beneficial for liver juicing, as it reduces bile and fat present. However, to make the most of this benefit, it is said that you need to drink carrot juice consistently, as the liver stores the Vitamin A.
- Carrot juice is also good for reproductive health due to the Vitamin E it contains.
Things You Should Know
- Early or unripe carrots are generally pale and low in carotene, so there is little point in juicing them. If you can, get ripe carrots for your carrot juice.
- When consumed with milk, carrot juice ups the utilization of carotene and is an important supply of an infant’s Vitamin A.
- The darker the color of the carrot, the more carotene it contains, so the better it is for you.
- Carrot juice has a high concentration of sugar, so those with diabetes should drink with caution. Anyone who has a sugar-related problem should consult their doctor to see how much they can drink.
How to Make Carrot Juice
Making the most of the benefits of carrot juice is remarkably easy – start juicing carrots! There’s really not much else to it. If you’ve been juicing for a while already, chances are you’ve already been using carrots.
Prepare your carrots for juicing by washing thoroughly in cold water with a stiff brush. It’s best not to peel your carrots though, as many valuable vitamins and minerals lie close to the surface.
One of the benefits of carrot juice is that they go with everything, so it’s a great opportunity for you to experiment. You can juice them on their own, or mix them with other fruits and vegetables, such as apples, celery, spinach or even avocado (in a blender though).
Looking for ideas? Check out these carrot juice recipes:
- Carrot Juice Recipe | Carrot and Orange Twist
- Carrot Juice Recipe | Carrot, Apple and Ginger
- Carrot Juice Recipe | Carrot and Grapefruit
What are you waiting for?
I encourage you to get start enjoying the benefits of carrot juice today. Drink it regularly, and see what it goes with best. Enjoy this wonderful vegetable and build your body up!